What is the function of indeed?
Answer. Answer: It is indeed defined as a word used to emphasize the truth of something or to agree that something is true. An example of indeed is an affirmative comment you use when a party was very good.
What kind of word is indeed?
as an adverb (after ‘many’ and an adjective or other adverb): The results were very good indeed.
What’s another word for indeed?
|sure||without a doubt|
|without a doubt||really|
Do we put comma after indeed?
Commas – sometimes in conjunction with commas – are traditionally used to begin adverbs such as however, therefore, and indeed. When the adverb is essential to the meaning of the clause, or if no pause is intended or desired, commas are not required.
Is it correct to say yes indeed?
: certainly â € ”used as a more emphatic affirmative answer than & quot; yes & quot; alone & quot; Do you know him? & quot; & quot; Yes, indeed! & quot;
Is it correct to say very true?
& quot; Very true & quot; it is perfectly acceptable, and means something slightly different from simply & quot; true. & quot; It is not used for simple facts. & quot; The sun rose this morning. & quot; This is a true statement, and there are no two ways about it. It says & quot; very true & quot; in response to this statement does not make sense.
How do I use indeed in English?
How do you respond to a yes?
Educated Ways to Say Yes in English
- Yes, sure. Here you are.
- Not a problem! I’m always happy to help.
- Yes! I will be there exactly. (Yes it’s another informal way to say yes like yes.)
- Yeah, I’d be happy to!
- Cool. (Yes, the cool can really be used to say yes or to show agreement.)
- You found it.
How do you use yes indeed in a sentence?
yes indeed in a judgment
- A. …
- :: Yes indeed – this is a very profound question.
- It allowed that, yes indeed, they admired Roosevelt.
- GOVERNMENT: Yes indeed, let’s be nice.
- Yes indeed, the whole world is a flame.
- Yes indeed, those people power me more than they do firearms.
- I said, & quot; Yes indeed, from my father and mother!
What does indeed mean in texting?
& quot; Indeed & quot; means & quot; yes & quot; or & quot; correct & quot ;, is just a formal word. You can usually use it as an answer to someone’s question or to tell someone that something is right.
How do you indeed an essay?
Use & quot; indeed & quot; when you want to confirm or agree to a statement. For example: “Indeed, I look gorgeous in the mirror!”
How do you use indeed in a sentence?
Truly an example of a sentence
- A sailor’s life is indeed a hard life. …
- Really, why should anyone regret it? …
- Really, what was going on? …
- & quot; Indeed, & quot; Damian before. …
- She said Katie was really very sweet, but unfortunately she needs proper instruction. …
- Many boys and indeed many girls read his story.
Is indeed a transition word?
|Therefore||In fact||So important|
|Obviously||First, Second, etc.|
Can I say true indeed?
Indeed it originates from the phrase in dede which means “in fact, in truth.” When you use the word indeed, you are emphasizing that something is true. The word is also used when you want to introduce a point that is more true than the last one you made.